The main way that oral appliances work is by preventing the tissues at the back of the throat and the base of the tongue from collapsing back into the airway. An oral appliance holds the lower jaw a little forward which results in a significant increase in the size of the airway at the back of the tongue and palate, sufficient to prevent snoring and allow for a refreshing sleep.
Custom made oral appliances fitted by a dentist allows for greater comfort and fine tuning to find the optimal position of the jaw that overcomes the snoring and sleep apnoea.
Benefits Of Oral Appliances:
- Proven to be 95% effective in overcoming snoring
- Reduces the risk of serious medical conditions including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Enjoy a better nights rest, waking up refreshed and energised
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Convenient when travelling
Effectiveness Of Oral Appliances
Custom made oral appliances have been proven in studies to be 95% effective in overcoming problematic snoring. Oral appliances are now also widely regarded as an effective front line treatment for sleep apnoea, with studies* demonstrating over 92% effectiveness in achieving success. and are far more comfortable than a CPAP machine with significantly greater compliance. Learn more about the various oral appliances available.
* “Oral appliance therapy in obstructive sleep apnoea and snoring- a systematic review”
Ilea, Timus, Hopken et al
CRANIO Oct 2019
Get Your Sleep Back!
Tired of snoring and unrefreshing sleep? The results of treatment are often life changing.
Book now and take the next step for overcoming snoring, sleep apnoea or tiredness